If you’re here it’s likely because you are driven, hard working, and desire to make true impact in your industry and the world. Yet something just doesn’t feel quite right.
Maybe you’re seeking clarity around next steps for your career or business, confidence to lead at the next level, support in creating more balance or a little bit of all of those. You know you have a rich future ahead of you and that you’re rich with potential. But you want support in clarifying the direction & owning it with confidence to get where you want you, your team, and/or your business to go.
Tell me if this sounds a bit like you:
- High performing and high achieving
- Exceedingly driven to tackle projects or problems others would just as soon set aside
- Sets aggressive goals both personally and professionally that you’re determined to realize
- Committed to owning your own growth & development
- Ready & open to working with a coach
HI! I'M SHANNON...
I’ve spent 12 years in Corporate America across sales, supply chain and management functions working for four different Fortune 500 companies leading both projects and people prior to following my passion by becoming a certified leadership & transitions coach.
I’ve had the privilege to build & coach many incredible, high performing leaders and teams. I’ve also experienced career transition moments personally myself. I’ve been laid off, burned out and successfully supported myself through many different and ever-changing scenarios and now enjoy helping others do the same.
I’m on a mission to create an abundance of self-aware leaders who know not only how to lead or transition a team, cause or business…but also how to lead and transition themselves incredibly well. I believe that empowered and self-aware leaders can change the world and that starts with you.
MY COACHING is for you if:
- You’re a leader seeking to up-level your skills and/or preparing or going through a period of transition
- You have some specific initial goals you’re looking to accomplish.
- You’re curious, motivated, committed and have time available to devote to your own growth.
- You love results and are prepared to work hard for them.
- You want access to new models, tools, and ways of thinking to build your self-awareness and change your behaviors in order to achieve your goals.
- You’re open to observation and feedback from a coach as I mirror back what I’m seeing and act as a student of you.
- You’re also open to self-reflection and awareness raising practices ready to act as a student of yourself too.
MY COACHING is not for you if:
- You’re not prepared to be radically self-responsible by applying your learnings outside of coaching sessions.
- You’re looking for someone to tell you the answer or exactly what to do to solve your problem (that’s not my coaching style).
- You don’t have at least some rough initial goals in mind or are unwilling to experiment in shifting your behaviors to achieve them.
- You don’t have time available to devote to your own growth outside of our sessions.
- You’re not eager to get to know yourself and your habits better in an effort to achieve your goals.
A PRIVATE COACHING EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- 2 coaching sessions per month in person at my Minneapolis office or over phone/video conference (whatever your preference).
- Unlimited support via email in between our sessions. This is where the value can explore for clients who leverage it.
- Notes following each session that outline your key takeaways and specific actions you’d like to take to move those learnings forward that we co-create in our session aiding you in reaching your ultimate aspirational goals.
- Inspiration points. I sometimes send over TED talks, podcasts, book or exercise recommendations to support your development.
- Me all in. A professionally trained & certified coach with over 150+ hours of coaching experience ready to support you in your growth & goals!
"THIS SOUNDS AMAZING! WHAT'S THE INVESTMENT?"
I offer a variety of investment and payment options based on what you or your company might be looking for.
Book an initial consultation below and let’s clarify if we’re the right fit based on your goals!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Coaching is a very successful modality for individuals with:
- clear goals
- commitment & motivation
- a willingness to engage in reflective practices
- open mind to feedback
- an innate interest in their own development and growth
Coaching (what I do) is future focused in helping a client identify and achieve a desired future state. My role as “helper” is to lead from behind allowing you as the client to choose the pace and direction of our work together. We partner together to achieve outcomes such as clear goals, vision, plans and forward progress in action steps.
Consulting is problem-solving focused in fixing a known issue and achieving greater results. A consultant’s role as helper is as an expert or even teacher who helps fix an organizational problem directly. The outcome in working with a consultant is often opinions and recommendations.
Counseling/Therapy is healing the past focused in examining repeated patterns of behaviors. A therapist’s role as helper is to lead the process through questions, feedback, observations and advice. The outcome is often focused on healing the past.
Mentoring is focused on advancing in an organization or networking through an understanding of politics. A mentor might share about past experiences acting as an “expert” helping the “novice.”
- Leadership – both of self and of others
- Transitions – coming into a new role or organization seamlessly or transitioning into a new chapter of life, path, etc.
- Career Clarity – where am I going? What do I want next?
- Work-Life Balance
- Taking Risks
- Emotional Intelligence
- Boundary Building
- People Pleasing
- Loosening the grip on perfection
- Assertive Communication
- Executive Presence
- Relying less on external validation
- Flexibility & agility in the face of change
- Dealing with conflict
In each session we will spend some time catching up briefly and talking through how your goals or intentions have been since our last session if you wish. We will then set the agenda for our call–anticipate a question like “What would be helpful to spend time on today? And as we spend time on that, what would you like to walk away with?” Then we begin coaching on the agenda you’ve brought forth. At the end of each session we allow a few minutes for reflection on key learnings, takeaways, and how you’d like to move those forward until we meet again.
- I am…in the dream role I created for myself.
- I am… creating an environment where the people that work with me are engaged, achieving positive results, and experiencing doors opening because of me. I am also feeling fulfilled.
- I am… happy with where I’m working. This looks like a company with a start up feel, open culture, young & vibrant office, touching & feeling product all day long, working in brand strategy/pd&d/packaging, working with a team where there’s women in leadership, and having a flexible lifestyle.
- I am… kicking ass! Proactive & the master of my own destiny. The power is back in me as I drive my career.
- I am… creating new opportunities more connected to my passions and future vision in & outside of work!
- I am…back in a role that aligns with my best skillset finding time at home and not at meetings at night.
- I am… clear on next steps professionally & with my company.
- I am… having new, fruitful and fulfilling experiences in my life!
- I am…able to walk out the door with work undone & it will be ok because the process & trainings will allow my team to handle it.
- I am…120% authentically & proud of who I am. (Authentic = reflective, introspective, focused on growing me, capable of change/reinventing, fun, carefree, blunt, feeling like I can do anything).
- I am…in a new job within donor/alum relations at the Director level (or associate level with opportunity to advance) that’s in alignment with my mission.
- I am…an effective & inspiring human and leader.
- I am… happy with myself by my own standards content with what I’ve done and what I’m working toward.
- I am…a sophisticated senior leader continuing to elevate my leadership style.
- I am… in a new role where I feel proud of what I’m doing & excited for the future. I’m doing something that aligns with my strengths, skills & passions.
- I am…feeling confident I made the right decision, part of the new company’s culture, continuously developing, comfortable but uncomfortable (holding that tension).
- I am…working with much better balance. I’m smiling & happy with a calm mind and energy! I’m spending more time with family & friends.
I am…living a simpler life & launching my own business in a way that leaves me feeling joyful, calm, present, at peace. I’m lighter, creative, open and have fresh energy. I’m seeing more date nights w. my spouse. I’m taking my time more—not rushing.
…I could go on an on! But hopefully this gives some perspective on the headline visions some of my past clients had had for themselves and our work together.
We begin with a free initial consultation where we get a better sense of each other, of your goals, and the behaviors (ie: things you may need to learn & unlearn) to support you in getting to the desired future state. We discuss your strengths, obstacles, and what inner & outer work might be necessary to get you to this desired future state. At the highest level–in each coaching session we focus on the core coaching steps which may include discerning current state, clarifying desired future state, building a plan, executing & revising the plan, and doing the deep inner work necessary to achieve your goals.
As your coach I support you as you work toward important changes & action you believe will lead you to a more fulfilling future. During the coaching process, my complete attention and focus will be on you. The coaching process is designed to help you achieve your personal and professional goals with support and guidance. I will provide a forum for you to establish your goals. I will ask powerful and probing questions and offer different perspectives all while helping you achieve what you want most in your career and in life. Everything we discuss will be confidential. Remember, I am always in your corner with your best interests and your agenda at heart.
What I do as a Coach:
* Listen to you openly and actively
* Ask powerful questions
* Reflect/mirror back to you
* Offer different perspectives
* Provide structure
* Assist in setting goals, planning and strategizing
* Hold you accountable for what you want to achieve
* Trust you to make your own decisions
* Show up with your best interests at heart
* Tell the truth
* Believe in you and your highest abilities
What I do not do as a Coach:
* Do your work for you
* Judge you
* Give you legal or financial advice
* Take responsibility for you or your actions
Make your coaching sessions a priority in your life. We are a team accomplishing more together than either of us could do alone. For this to happen, you’ll want to be prepared for each session having an initial agenda in mind that relates back to the coaching plan we started to establish in our initial consultation. Choose the topic(s) that reflect what you want to explore. Be completely truthful with me and with yourself. Be willing to stretch beyond your current comfort zone. Let me know if something isn’t working for you. Have fun and enjoy the process!
I focus on measuring results with my clients at 3 core levels:
- Level 1: What are you learning?
- Level 2: How are you behaving differently?
- Level 3: How are those new behaviors creating positive, measurable impacts in your life & work?
Between sessions if you want to ask questions, share your story, or bounce some ideas around, clients can do so via email or text and I’ll respond within 48 hours during business hours. I absolutely want clients to share their stories, wins, disappointments, and thoughts about their coaching experience throughout the process. I want to know what works and what does not and encourage clients to do so!